This car have caused the owner a lot of headache. He hadn´t seen the car for 6 months when he picked it up from us. The reason is that another shop were supposed to fix the gearbox when it failed, but they didn´t have the correct knowledge, tools or spare parts to do the job correctly.
We found a number of faults in the gearbox that we fixed. Here are a few:
* Only 3 of 21 bolts to the oil tray were standard. The reason was that they had damaged a lot of the threads and decided to use longer bolts instead of repairing the threads. We had to repair 10 of 21 threads.
* Both the o-rings for the heat exchanger and the gasket to the oil tray had sealant on them instead of using new parts when assembling the box.
* The pinion gear and output shaft for the FWD in the box were damaged. See pictures below. Instead of replacing them with new parts had someone tried to grind them!
* The magnets in the oil tray hadn´t been cleaned.
* One of the 5 bolts that hold the solenoid pack was completely loose.
* There was a lot of dirt in the box, even though it was supposed to be cleaned and overhauled.
Hopefully the car will work for a long time now.